Banana is the most favorite fruit in the planet; it is really an amazing fruit with incredible taste which can provide your body with numerous health advantages. It has the ability to prevent the occurrence of several diseases and as well as boost the body’s immunity.
This fruit is high in carbohydrates which offer great energy to the body, particularly the brain. It is packed with minerals like calcium, selenium, iodine, potassium, copper, zinc, and so on. Additionally, it is loaded with fiber thus promoting adequate function of the digestive tract and alleviates certain disorders like constipation or diarrhea.
The nutritional value of the banana is higher than the popular apple. The banana has in its content:
- 5 times as much vitamin A and iron
- 4 times more protein
- 3 times more phosphorus
- 2 times more carbohydrates
- 2 times more minerals and vitamins.
10 Amazing Benefits of Consuming Two Bananas a Day
- The banana is a great source of iron and this is very important since the body cannot produce it. Iron is of vital importance in the formation of hemoglobin present in red blood cells and aids in the prevention of disorders like anemia.
- It relieves sore throat and coughs as it becomes a protective barrier and reduces the amount of mucus.
- The banana shows an antacid effect in the body. It is highly effective against heartburn and restores the natural pH. Additionally, it stimulates the stomach to make more mucus thus protecting it against the acidity.
- Likewise, this fruit will help you with digestive issues like constipation. The banana is a natural laxative. It is high in dietary fiber that helps with intestinal transit thereby inciting the production of stools providing them with a good consistency to soften their passage through the colon. But, for optimal effect the ripe banana is recommended for use not the green one.
- The ripe banana with brown spots is commonly avoided by many people, but this type of banana is more effective than the banana with green skin without any spots. According to a performed study at the University of Tokyo by Senji professor it was revealed that ripe banana has in its content a substance known as TNF (Tumor Necrosis Factor). This compound can fight against abnormal body cells like the harmful cancer cells. Yet, there is one disadvantage of this type of banana and that is it is packed with sugars and antioxidants, which are not recommendable for people with diabetes.
- It is rich in potassium, which is great against hypertension. In fact, 1 banana offers 360 milligrams of potassium. This mineral is an electrolyte necessary for muscle contraction of the heart. If the body is low in potassium, the heart will have problem in pumping the blood within the body. Researchers from the University of Warwick and the University of Naples have proven that moderate consumption of salt and foods high in potassium can prevent 1 million heart attacks on annual basis all around the world.
- It has in its content a protein known as tryptophan which once enters the body it is turned into serotonin “a happy hormone”. It is a chemical produced by neurons which can offer a relaxing effect. If the body lacks this hormone, it can easily cause illnesses like depression.
- This fruit can come really handy if you are planning to quit smoking. Bananas are very effective in the period of smoking cessation. They are loaded with vitamin B1 and B6, and when in combination with potassium and magnesium they can substantially help the body to resist nicotine withdrawal.
- Pregnant women need more potassium (around 4,700 mg) a day, so bananas will be their best food choice. They can regulate the blood sugar level and prevent morning sickness.
- It has been proven that the banana can improve the concentration, learning and memory ability due to its richness of potassium. As per conducted 2008 study people who consumed this fruit prior their exams showed better results than from the ones who didn’t. So, if you are a student, make sure to consume one banana before taking your exam.
Moreover, people in Thailand use bananas to lower the temperature in women who are about to give birth.